Advancement Associate, Special Events & Alumni Relations
WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!
Are you a detailed oriented professional who is passionate about special events and alumni outreach? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team oriented, and multicultural environment?
We are currently looking for someone to fill our Advancement Associate, Special Events & Alumni Relations position at the International School of the Peninsula (ISTP). We are a nursery-8th grade private language bilingual school, and our office is responsible for the school’s development, communications, and alumni relations. We have the honor of being the school's advocates for goodwill, spirit, and philanthropy.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Non-Profit Private Language Bilingual School
LOCATION: Palo Alto (Bay Area Peninsula)
POSITION TITLE: Advancement Associate, Special Events & Alumni Relations
SALARY: Depending on Experience
• Medical and Dental Insurance • Generous Vacation and PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Associates or bachelor's degree in a related field
• 2+ years of experience in Development/Advancement or Administrative position, preferably in an academic or non-profit setting
• Demonstrated experience in all aspects of clerical responsibilities
• Is energetic, with high attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multicultural environment; superb organizational skills; ability to plan, prioritize, and follow through on tasks;
manage, initiate, and complete multiple tasks on time
• Must be able to work independently, exercise sound judgment, work collaboratively in a team environment, and handle confidential matters with discretion
• Excellent sense of aesthetic
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide prompt, courteous customer service to all school constituents
• Graphic Design (or art) skills preferred – including desktop publishing and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
• Fluency in MS Office Suite required; proficiency with Mac; comfortable with technology or demonstrated ability to learn quickly
• Preferred proficiency in Keynote and iMovie
• All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening
• Occasional evening/weekend work required
• Some local travel, reliable vehicle necessary, along with valid California Driver's License
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Provide support to Director of Advancement in implementation/organization of Advancement events (Soirée du Vin Wine Auction, Annual Gala & Auction, Arts Night, Development Cocktail, Alumni BBQ, International Reunions, Major Donor Appreciation Dinner, receptions, campaign events, presentations, etc.)
• Coordinates event logistics, oversees/handles outside vendors
• Track advertisement/solicitations, develops event donor relationships and handles certain direct solicitations, track RSVPs, prepare and send invitations, generate nametags, coordinate set-up, take down/clean up
• Coordination/organization of auction donation items, volunteer gifts, etc.
• Coordination of volunteers for events, including volunteer meetings, phone and email communication. Provides support to volunteers as needed.
• Customer service for auction winners, volunteers, event donors, etc.
• Monitor and track event timelines
• Act as primary alumni contact and respond to all inquiries/requests from alumni and alumni families
• Populate information/content/photos on social media and websites
• Engage with current students to familiarize and promote alumni program
• Increase newly developed Alumni and Past Parent giving programs
• Work with Director of Advancement and Director of Communications to produce alumni content for email blasts, e-newsletter, and print newsletters
• Keep detailed, meticulous records of alumni contacts, attendance at events, volunteering, and news about their life and accomplishments
• Search/find contact information for “lost” alumni
• Record and promote alumni activities and accomplishments both internally and externally
• Coordinate and implement ongoing alumni activities and programs to engage alumni locally and regionally to increase their connection to and knowledge of the school, including alumni parent outings, Alumni BBQ, regional reunions, and future events (potential events include Grandparents Day)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit resume, cover letter, and references to AdvancementJobs@istp.org. Adobe PDF or Microsoft documents only. No calls, please.
Employment: The International School of the Peninsula is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and hires employees without regard to gender, race, religion, color, creed or sexual orientation. ISTP offers a competitive benefits package. Check out our website: www.istp.org
International School of the Peninsula does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin or sexual orientation in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan payments, athletic and other school administered programs.