Job Description – Receptionist and Assistant to Enrichment and Licensing Director
The Receptionist and Assistant to the Enrichment and Licensing Director is a full-time, year-round, nonexempt position. The position reports to the Cowper Director and the Enrichment and Licensing Director.
The Receptionist/Assistant must have strong organizational skills and be
detail oriented, the ability to work independently under firm deadlines, have an
outgoing personality to maintain a good relationship with colleagues, parents and
teachers, be articulate and comfortable in working in a multicultural environment. This person must maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion regarding all conversations and communication. Technology skills required include excel, word, database, outlook, and the school website.
The Receptionist/Assistant must demonstrate commitment to ISTP’s mission and the population we serve, as well as be experienced with school age children. He or she must also be responsible, self-motivated, friendly, willing to work with a team of colleagues, and be accepting and adaptable to a working environment with different cultures.
Hours: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with an hour lunch.
Receptionist Primary Responsibilities:
1) Answer and route all telephone calls
2) Take care of all student requests and minor injuries
3) Greet and attend to all visitors, including substitutes
4) Monitor attendance, tardiness, and early departures electronically
5) Order, receive and stock supplies
6) Minor secretarial duties
7) Keep office and adjoining areas well maintained
Assistant to the Enrichment and Licensing Director Primary Responsibilities:
The Assistant job consists of assisting with all daily administrative tasks, keeping all mailing and registration files up to date and helping supervising students’ attendance in the program. All lists/files/communications must be handled using appropriate software (excel, word, outlook, etc.) Files should be shared appropriately (email, googledocs, dropbox)
- Basic knowledge of after school activities etc. (time, teacher, location) and communication of this to appropriate parties
- Create and manage lists and registration electronically
- Manage Enrichment section of websiteMonitor and manage attendance of Enrichment students and teachers
- Manage Enrichment supply orders
12 core ECE units will be required for this position within the first year of being hired.
Competitive salary based on education and experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to Kate Lussen, Assistant Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
ISTP’s Mission The International School of the Peninsula’s mission is to educate children through a rigorous, collaborative, bilingual curriculum that promotes active engagement and responsible international consciousness.
Employment The International School of the Peninsula is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and hires employees without regard to gender, race, religion, color, creed or sexual orientation.